I’ve been passed a meme from Phil Roche, so here we go:
This is my computer at work.
- Dual Sony 19″ TFT displays
- Athlon64 3200+
- 1Gb RAM (single stick, CAS2)
- 80GbHHD and a 160Gb HDD
- Radeon 9800Pro
This is my computer at home (please excuse the mess).
- Dual display (19″ Samsung 900NF and a 15″ PackardBel GoldfishBowl)
- Athlon 2800+
- 1.5Gb RAM
- 120GbHHD and a 160Gb HDD
- Radeon 9600Pro
- Creative webcam
- Canon scanner
- Epson 890 Photo printer
- My Logitech Z-680 surround system
- My 512Mb USB key
- My router. Without it, it’s dial up, and that’s just wrong
- Dual TFTs at home. Widescreen ones.
- A new mouse/keyboard
- Somewhere I can turn my speakers up and crank the sub-woofer from it’s very lowest setting.
This has already got to most of the people I’d want to send it to, so the buck stops here.
- Thu, 7th Jul 2005 at 23:07 UTC
- Filed under:
Commentsskip to comment form
That monitor setup is awesome, very jealous.
I remember the days when you didn’t have a good word for TFT’s Jimi.
Yes, those were the days where TFTs didn’t deserve a good word. Time marches on, technology advances, and now I crave TFT goodness to replace the gigantic box sat on my desk.
I’m in Japan at the moment, Matt. Alone. Just incase there’s a very slight chance of you trying to contact me, I know how miniscule that probably is.
Also, I found the way to Princes Street, it was right to the left of that bank, I wanted to share that with someone.
This is your Creative Director here. Hurry up and go to Wales so I can have my TFT back. Taa.
Matt. You must be away from your desk because you would normally have deleted my comment by now.
Who’s TFTs Mr Tim? I believe one was Rich’s and one mine. You said you love your CRT. :lol
Also, I was troubleshooting PHP with the Trevor.
Matt. Everything in this office is mine - including your ass!
P.S. What you doing later?
We’ve been over this before Mr Tim…
1) You don’t make me nearly enough coffey. Once a year is not enough.
2) You’re too old. And Married. With kids.
3) And you’re not a lady.
And with those three strikes you’re out.
Now stop slacking off nd do some work.
Ahh, but you are forgetting…
1) Coffee is bad for you.
2) Yes, I am older and wiser and have had more success in the lady department
3) I once walked past ‘Zamo’ from Grange Hill in Concept Man, Oxford St., London.
Beautifully parried (smug face icon thing here.)
1) Which is why I make you so much every day, with a smile on my face.
2) OK, you’ve had more success with the ladies, and you’re definitely older. Wiser… debatable.
3) Who the hell is ‘Zamo’
You couldn’t parry a wet paper towel (which is both metaphorically and literally a true statement)
Look, look, calm down. Surely we can come to some compromise.
1) I only drink your coffee because I don’t want to offend you.
2) At least I look younger than I am, and not older than I am, like you.
3) If you were old like me you would know who Zamo was and…
You… (long pause) got… (long pause) me.(long pause)
Dying breath (released from limp body)
Only a coffe can bring me back now.
*goes to make a coffee*
I knew there was something I liked about you. I take back everything I said about you while you were out of the room making a coffee.
You’re a lifesaver!
P.S. You didn’t spike my drink did you? It tastes bitter. (little face icon with quizzical look on it).
You mean there’s something you like about me besides my ass? (devilish cackle)
I spiked your drink with only the purest sugar. -purest- sugar.
As long as the ingredients weren’t ‘home made’ that’s fine by me. ;# (Winking and blowing a kiss at the same with a knowing look on face, slightly cheeky type face icon)
By the way my shirt has Red and White stripes it’s not pink!
If you’re up close sure its striped, when you’re further away than a good hitting distance the strips merge into a pink colour. Don’t worry, it’s totally manly, and in with ‘the kids’ too. Watch Alfie.
What the hell has all this got to do with your PC setup anyway?
Lol, thanks for that 5 mins of laughs!!
NICE TFT’s MAN ! Iv got a 19″ L1915s 12ms and thinking about getting another one now after seeing that, only £200 so its not to bad, big up on the updates jimski
I have just realised how much the desk top is bent by the weight of those monitors. That’s a desktop with an additional desktop on top of the original desktop too. And it still bends.
Roll on my shiny (and light weight) DELL Ultrasharp 2005FPW. *glee*